02/02/2009

S.C.A.O !

Now far in the North of Thailand, in Chang Mai, I realize that I haven't given my much love to my blog for a good while. Part of that, my experience in S.C.A.O for 2 good weeks, teaching English, playing with the kids and generally helping around the orphanage. This whole experience was so intense that I find it hard to tell the whole story; so I'm not gonna do it; I'm just posting a bunch of pictures which hopefully will give you a little taste of what was my life there.



The class room.


Ma, for once focused.


The old railway crossing Phnom Chhouk village.


Around the orphanage.


The evening class.




Hoy, Baby Long, Sreylim, Nita, Srey Lia and Ma.


Sey Ma., mister Ma!


Lee Mai 'little Monkey'.


Preparing a duck, gift from an uncle for Sunday lunch.


Ma, not to sure what to do with the duck's blood.


The orphanage's kitchen; all ready for the duck.


Yes Baby Long... its a camera...


A sunday making finger puppets with the kids.


Photoshoot for a new poster selling the organisation's t-shirts.


Mug painting Sunday: Mr. Samith struggling a bit with his one.


Nita very focused painting her mug.


Slow but sure? Something like that...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salut Gaby,
super photo,les gamins sont rayonnant..comme d'hab, c'est les gens qui en ont le moins qui sourient le plus!
Bon a part, apres deux semaines de bonnes actions j'ai bien peur que ton coté obscur-whiskey ne ressorte tres vite!
Djeffi

Anonymous said...

Salut Gabby,
Ca faisait aussi un moment que j etais pas passe sur le blog...
Les photos parlent d elles meme...pas la peine d en dire plus!

SUPER!

Gros becs

Pp

Anonymous said...

Coucou,

comme ils sont beaux ces enfants. suis contente que tout aille bien. tu sais déjà quand tu rentres ? bisous